Spirulina is one of the most nutritive foods ever found. The great variety of its vital substances makes it an ideal nutritional supplements ideal for any age. People who take it feel more energetic, more vital and mentally brighter. It enhances health, vitality, energy and it strengthens the immune system and reduces appetite.
Spirulina is a microalgae that provides the organism with a natural nutrient blend very easily assimilating by the body.
It has been used for a very long time; Mayas and Aztecs in fact used to consume spirulina. Thanks to spirulina Aztecs achieved a sufficient, correct and balanced nutrition, being seated with a primitive agriculture and a very poor food variety.
Spirulina is catalogued as a “superfood” with essential amino acids (the 8 essential amino acids), vitamins (A, B, C, D, E, F and K), minerals (Iodine, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, Phosphorus and Sulphur), essential fatty acids, nucleic acids (ADN and ARN), chlorophyll and a wide range of phytochemicals with antioxidant effect.
This is why spirulina is perfect for people with a greater need for vitamins, minerals, oligoelements and amino acids. Sportsmen can obtain a great benefit from spirulina because it increases energy levels and physical performance.
What is Spirulina?
- Spirulina is a spiral micro algae that have existed in our planet for a very long time, as it was consumed by Aztecs to promote energy and vitality.
- Due to its colour between blue and green, it’s known as the blue-green algae.
- Spirulina is found all over the world, specially in California, Hawaii, Asia and India.
- Algae is dried to powder to create tablets or capsules to be used as a nutritional supplement.
Spirulina, vital substances provider for centuries
Spirulina is a unique blue-green microalgae, one of the most ancient micro-organisms on the earth. Thanks to its huge oxygen production, it allowed the appearance of life on the earth. Its genetic code preserves the ancestral experience of the billions of years of life evolution.
Spirulina contains a great part of proteins that the human body uses and needs to create cells and antibodies, as well as many unsaturated fatty acids, specially gamma-linolenic acid, whose information is essential for the body to carry out many of its functions.
It is also rich in vitamins and nutrients that are necessary to control many metabolic processes in the organism. Minerals and oligoelements cannot be produced in the body, so they must be regularly supplied to avoid vitality loss.
Spirulina also plays an important role in the body as it contains some substances that can eliminate heavy toxic metals like cadmium and environmental toxins too.
Spirulina strengthens the immune system and enhances the antioxidants production, which protect the body from free radical effects and the process of cellular ageing.
What are the benefits of Spirulina?
- Contains 60% of valuable vegetable proteins
- Natural vitamin source
- Natural mineral source
- Increases energy and vitality
- Reduces appetite
- Enhances concentration
- Strengthens resistance
- Reduces recovery time
Spirulina, specially recommended for:
- Mineral or vitamin deficiency
- Stress or nervousness
- Weak immune system
- Infectious diseases
- Sports activities
- High blood fat levels
- Growth stages
- Alcohol or nicotine excessive consumption
- Radiation exposure
What ingredients does Spirulina contain?
Spirulina is one of the richest foods in natural proteins, even more than meat, fish or birds. This algae also has the benefit that it’s 100% vegetable and the organism only consumes natural protein with no fat or other substances that provoke cholesterol.
Spirulina contains more betacarotene than carrots. Beta carotene is converted into vitamin A and it’s essential for eyesight and skin elasticity, among others. Carotenoids also act as antioxidants by eliminating free radicals and contributing to health protection.
Many vitamins and oligoelements, which are usually deficient in the body, are contained in spirulina. Among them we find vitamin B12, vitamin E, selenium, folic acid, and iron. For instance, iron content is higher than meat, and it’s more easily assimilated by the body and well tolerated.
It also contains fatty acids omega-6 like gamma-linolenic acid, very important for human cells function and information exchange among cells. In addition, these fatty acids are essential for the production of human vital hormones.
Which are the symptoms of a vital substance deficiency?
- Fatigue, general discomfort
- Lack of concentration
- Vitality loss
- Metabolism and growth disorders
Spirulina ingredients are basic to supply deficiencies and heal the symptoms hereby described.
How to take Spirulina
All spirulina ingredients are balanced and can be easily absorbed by the body. Spirulina dietary supplements are made of algae; they are very natural and easily assimilating by the stomach and gut, providing the body with vitality, health and an improved performance.
For who is Spirulina particularly important?
- People needing a nutritional support to get over stress or workload
- Sportsmen or women needing to improve endurance, strength and power
- Women during pregnancy or breastfeeding periods
- People recovering from diseases
- Children and adolescents in development stages
- Elderly people
The experts opinion on Spirulina
- Spirulina supplements for treating allergies: Spirulina can be used as a treatment for allergies, such as hey fiber, as it contains ingredients that inhibit the body's production of histamine.
- Spirulina to halt the body's acid production: Spirulina supplements is perfect to help fasting linked to an excess acid in the body, for example as a result of nutritional deficiencies, medications or lack of exercise.