- Enhances muscle growth
- Provides nutrients during a long period
- Reduces degradation of muscle tissue
- Contains non-denatured micelles
- Made from fresh ultra-filtered skimmed milk
- Free of aspartame and acesulfame-k
- Exquisite flavour and solubility! A real pleasure to drink!
What is EvoCasein?
EvoCasein by HSNsports is a type of protein that is defined by its slow release of the amino acids that integrate it, making it a delicious protein shake, ideal to be taken before going to bed.
80% of the content of the milk protein fraction is casein (making the remaining 20% whey, the 'quick' protein). In the case of EvoCasein we will keep the portion of protein that is of 'slow' release, removing the elements that we are not interested in, such as fat, lactose...
The aminogram of whey is very similar to that of casein, they have multiple essential amino acids (that are not synthesised by our organism) as well as providing important amounts of BCAAs (Branched-Chain Amino Acids), which are implicated in enhancing muscle recovery and regeneration.
Evocasein is a protein aimed at 'night recovery'
Evocasein and Sustained Release
Micellar casein is a source of slow release proteins. Taking EvoCasein will provide you with amino acids over various hours. While other proteins are characterised by their quick absorption and are ideal for times such as post-training, micellar casein, in being of slow release, is perfect for taking before bed.
The casein forms a gel in the stomach thereby slowing down digestion time. This gel “hinders” the break down of the proteins into amino acids, which ensures that the nutritional needs of the muscle will be attended to over a long period of time (at night, for example). This way, when we get up, the 'working period' of Evocasein will have or will just be about to finish, thus we can carry on with our regular meals (breakfast...).
EvoCasein covers amino acids requirements during the night, it is the ultimate nocturnal protein.
Evocasein and Timing
For the period of time that is surrounding and related to training - periworkout -, we want to quickly obtain a response of amino acids that will enter our bloodstream, so that these nutrients are available for facing the physical activity or for immediate recovery. Whey protein is the one that meets these requirements. The results achieved with this strategy are notorious in terms of improved recovery and muscle growth.
However, in the case of casein, our priorities are different, we want to maintain a continuous flow of amino acids during long periods in which we will not be ingesting any food. Thus, we can conclude that the best moments to take Evocasein will be:
- Just before going to bed
- Between meals, if the next meal will be eaten in a longer period of time than usual
Keeping a constant flow of amino acids circulating to the muscle fibers will directly affect the muscle growth process positively and reduce protein degradation
Evocasein as a Meal Replacement
Thanks to its characteristics, Evocasein will also fulfil the task of behaving as a meal replacement perfectly, when referring to the macronutrient protein.
Along with the sequential release protein, we must take into account other factors when performing a meal replacement. We can consider different options:
- Providing Essential Fatty Acids, such as Omega-3
- If we need to complete the requirements related to carbohydrates, we can add those with a slow release, like Oat flour
Evocasein and Aminogen®
The base of the EvoCasein formula is casein, but it has been optimized with Aminogen®. Aminogen® is a patented blend of enzymes that especially improves the digestion of proteins.
Who can benefit from Evocasein?
- Sportspeople or Athletes, especially those that seek the maximum muscle development, avoiding as much as possible the muscle degradation, and enhancing recovery.
- Anyone who is looking for a protein source as a meal replacement