- Effective anabolic formula
- Designed for immediate delivery of amino-acids to skeletal muscle
- Improves protein synthesis
- Reduces protein degradation
What are Leucine Peptides?
Leucine Pepform by HSN Raw Series is a potent anabolic formula based on Leucine peptides from PepForm®, a formula of higher bioavailability. Thanks to this, a faster arrangement of amino-acids in muscle tissue will take place.
What is Pepform@ Leucine?
It is a patent of the company Glanbia Nutritionals, with which it has developed a product that can improve the delivery of amino acids to the muscular tissue, obtaining a supplement destined to supply nutrients that contribute to protein synthesis and muscle growth.
PepForm@ Leucine is a more soluble and highly bioavailable form than other L-Leucine-containing products, being able to deliver high levels of leucine peptides from whey proteins.
What are Peptides?
Peptides are molecules that are integrated by at least 2 amino acids. Proteins are constituted by chains of peptides and, for our system to be able to absorb them, they have to previously pass through our digestive system and be broken down, and subsequently they are absorbed in the intestine. With peptides we can 'skip' this step, and it could be said that they pass through to the intestine to be absorbed directly.
Absorption of Leucine Peptides
One they have been consumed orally, they are absorbed quickly, much more than complete proteins or other types of amino acids in their free form, achieving in a few minutes a leucine peak in blood levels. It is the intestine that has the capacity of absorbing peptides at a higher speed, and more specifically the peptide transport system, called Pep1, which is found mainly in the apical plasma membrane of enterocytes in the small intestine.
Benefits of Leucine Peptides
L-leucine corresponds to one of the 3 members of the branched-chain amino-acids (BCAA), which is an essential amino-acids. Leucine, is precisely the most anabolic amino-acid as it works as a mTOR activator, a signalisation metabolic process to stimulate protein synthesis.
The main reason for this is that the speed and absorption is achieved thanks to other formulas, and this leads to an effective hormonal anabolic environment.
Leucine Peptides and Endurance Activities
One of the situations in which they can offer support is for athletes with a sport discipline that posses a long duration and resistive nature. Thus, they can benefit form the ability to improve glycogen replenishment and the capacity of the muscles to absorb it, as the peptides can increase the synthesis of glycogen once the effort has been concluded. If they are taken before the exercise, a larger amount of glycogen can be 'saved', increasing the 'endurance' component, making more use of the fatty acids.
How to take Leucine Peptides?
Due to its properties, including this supplement in our regime may guarantee us certain aspects, such as: the recovery and the improvement of protein synthesis.
When taking the peptides we have several strategies:
Who can benefit from Leucine Peptides?
- They are primarily intended for those people who want to grow new muscle mass, as their nutrition planning plays a fundamental role. Sportsmen and athletes on high intensity workouts need high levels of energy due to the high demand required, so this is the perfect extra contribution to help them recover earlier and regenerate the tissue.
- There is also another group that can be benefited through the intake of Leucine Peptides such as elderly athletes whose ability to synthesise protein has been reduced over the years, or people suffering from sarcopenia and suffer a reduction of the muscle mass.