- Excellent energy source for long duration workouts
- Rapid absorption
- Corn or maize starch
What is Maltodextrin?
Maltodextrin by HSN Raw Series is a polysaccharide, ie a type of complex carbohydrate, which generates a sustained supply of energy, making it ideal for long-duration training or workouts with a rapid depletion of glycogen, because of the intensity of the exercise. It is obtained from hydrolysis of starch.
Glycemic Index of Maltodextrin
In spite of its classification as a complex carbohydrate, that is to say, its molecular structure is constituted by more than one unit of glucose (polymer of glucose) that form long chains, the level of intestinal absorption is very high, even more than glucose. The glycemic index of maltodextrin is around 85-105. The bonds that bind the monosaccharides are weak, so they will be easily metabolized, and thus, lead to a rise of insulin.
For maltodextrin to be used, it must first pass through the liver, where said molecular bonds will be broken. In that case, the usage ratio for glycogen replenishment will be slower than that of dextrose (monosaccharides or glucose units).
Dextrose and Maltodextrin
Both carbohydrate sources can be combined, to complement each other, with a 50:50 ratio. Dextrose, being a single molecule, will have a high osmolarity, causing a slow gastric emptying. However, combining dextrose with a glucose polymer, such as maltodextrin, will improve digestion without producing delay. In this way, the combination of dextrose and maltodextrin will optimize glycogen replenishment, hydration and performance.
Properties of Maltodextrin
Despite providing a high glycemic index because of its branched molecular structure, it is possible to achieve a stable energy level over time.
Precisely because of its properties connected to the prolonged energy that it provides, Maltodextrin is a totally feasible option to use either as an energy shot prior to physical activity, during and/or after in order to have energy to replenish muscle glycogen.
During intense exercise, active muscle tissues will require energy from energy deposits. Depending on the type, intensity and duration of the activity, the capacity of these glycogen stores to maintain the supply will cause their partial emptying.
Maltodextrin is designed with the following objectives:
- Great energy source
- Performance enhancer thanks to its availability - no upset stomach or other derivatives, reduced fatigue
- Accelerate recovery through the rapid absorption in the intestine
Maltodextrin in a post-workout shake
The Maltodextrin can be combined with other products, that are designed to provide a strategic contribution in one of the most important moments, such as after finishing an intense physical activity:
Who can benefit from Maltodextrin?
- Sportspeople that carry out endurance workouts of a long duration, especially endurance athletes
- All kind of sportsmen and athletes looking for a source of carbohydrate to get the energy they need before, during and after training. As well as to provide a pre-competition carbohydrate load.
- Fitness athletes in bodybuilding stages to mix with their usual protein to achieve a greater muscle growth.
Nutritional Facts MALTODEXTRIN 1Kg
|per serviceper 100gDaily dose|
|Information MALTODEXTRIN 1Kg|
|Serving's size: 1 scoop (50 g)|
|Amount per serving|
|of which saturates||0g|
How to take MALTODEXTRINA:Mix 1 scoop with 300 - 400 ml of water.
- Carbohidratos Post-EntrenamientoSi hablamos del “timing” nutricional post-entreno debemos hablar de proteínas y carbohidratos...
- Carbohidratos Antes, Durante y Después del Ejercicio¿”Empeñad@” en conseguir el máximo rendimiento en tus entrenamientos? Entonces, posiblemente, una buena estrategia sea la de conocer cómo manejar fuentes de carbohidratos en el perientreno...
- Manipular los Carbohidratos para Mejorar el RendimientoSeguir un protocolo de días bajos en carbohidratos con 1-2 días de REFEEDs (días con ingestas altas en carbohidrato) ayuda a mejorar la pérdida de grasa gracias a su efecto sobre la T3 y sobre la leptina...
- Protocolo: Carga de HidratosLa carga de hidratos de carbono es una práctica dietética utilizada por los deportistas para ayudar en el rendimiento de la competición...
Do you need more information about this product? Ask
If you have any doubts, questions or suggestions about this product, please ask us and we will inform you with pleasure. And if the question is of general interest, we can post it here for the benefit of other users (only the question, we will not publish your data). For general questions about buying, guarantees, etc.. please use the generic contact form.