Oats are considered to be a fitness food to shape up!
- Instant Oatmeal
- Very versatile to make recipes
- Ideal breakfast
- Oatmeal Pancakes
- Can be mixed with your protein shakes
- Long-term energy
- Low Glycemic Index
- Easy to dissolve
- Fiber supply
- Available with or without flavor
What is Instant Oatmeal?
Instant Oatmeal by HSN Raw Series, this is one of the most consumed cereals, Oats, but in this case instead of providing the whole grain it has undergone a process of microfiltration obtaining as a result a fine flour that is very easy to consume and to use in our recipes.
Oatmeal is a must in our smoothies, breakfasts and other meals included in an athletes diet as this ingredient constitutes an excellent source of complex carbohydrates of low GI, proteins, healthy fats, fiber and micronutrients.
Nutritional Value of Instant Oatmeal
When we talk about the nutritional value of oatmeal flour, we can also be referring to such nutritional properties of the whole flake.
It is the cereal with the highest ratio of vegetable fat, a 65% of unsaturated fats and 35% linoleic acid. It is rich in sodium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, copper, zinc, vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 (micronutrients of great value for sportsmen).
Oatmeal Amino Acid Table
Oatmeal is a superb food ally for sportsmen and athletes. Specifically, those who maintain a vegan or vegetarian diet will be the most benefited, given that their sources of protein are reduced, oats is precisely one of the best, providing a good aminogram:
Essential Amino Acids
Non-Essential Amino Acids
Oatmeal is one of the richest foods in amino acid of vegetable origin.
Benefits of Instant Oatmeal
As it is a complex carbohydrate, its digestion is slower in the digestive tract and this condition allows to maintain stable levels of glucose in blood and supply energy in a prolonged way for several hours.
This situation also translates into a greater sense of satiety for a longer period of time, making it the best ally for diets that are destined to lose weight.
Oatmeal is also an excellent source of fiber to contribute to good bowel function. It is rich in beta-glucans, substances that absorb cholesterol and bile acids in the intestine, avoiding that harmful compounds pass into the body.
Instant Oatmeal to Lose Weight
As you can see, one of the highlights of Instant Oatmeal is that it can help us lose weight. This is mainly explained by its high fiber content, which will allow us to increase the satiety index, so we are less likely to make the mistake of eating out of hours ('nibbling') which is usually one of the most common causes of the extra supply of calories 'unconsciously'. Additionally, when we are seeking to reduce the percentage of fat, and maintain muscle mass, which is known as improving our Body Composition, oats is one of the best foods for this purpose:
- Supplies carbohydrates of slow absorption, to avoid peaks of glycemia
- Provides essential amino acids, key elements to keep the lean mass
- Contributes satiety, thanks to the presence of fiber
How to use Instant Oatmeal?
It is very easy: we simply adjust the corresponding amount, which may vary according to our weight, physical appearance, and goals. Normally each recommended intake, ie every time we ingest the oatmeal, is between 50-100g, which are perfectly measurable with the included dispenser. Each dispenser delivers 50g of oatmeal.
One of the most recommended ways would be to mix the oatmeal with protein powder, either with a vegetable or animal origen, according to your preferences, and take 1 to 3 services a day.
When to take Instant Oatmeal?
Oatmeal can be taken at any time of day, as breakfast or an afternoon snack, as well as a great snack between meals, adjusting the amount to add, since it will not be the same to use the oatmeal as breakfast, which is one of our main meals, than as a snack.
For athletes it is a very good choice as a food prior to performing exercise where a high burnout is expected.
The best times to take the oatmeal are:
- Before or After Physical Exercise
- Mid-afternoon Snack
- Before sleeping (especially for people who need to gain weight)
How to take Instant Oatmeal?
We can resort to a lot of recipes to take Oatmeal, such as:
- Oatmeal and Evowhey Shake
- In the shape of Oatmeal Pancakes
- Sponge cakes, Muffins or Cupcakes
- Mixed with Fruit Juice
- Mixed with Milk or Fresh Cheese
How to make Oatmeal Pancakes?
Undoubtedly, it is one of the most popular recipes with the greatest number of fans among the fitness lifestyle lovers: Oatmeal Pancakes.
Oatmeal Pancakes are the par excellence breakfast for sportsmen and athletes, as their properties are well known, besides the fact that it is a delicious and appetizing recipe, not only as a fantastic way to start the day, but also at any other moment, as a snack or meal before or after physical exercise.
One of the reasons for this is that the recipe for Oatmeal Pancakes allows for a great range of variations when preparing them using Instant Oatmeal.
Instant Oatmeal is the star element in this culinary elaboration, and it matches perfectly with whole eggs, or with the whites. We already know that if we are looking to reduce the total calorie content, we tend to only use the whites, but nevertheless, to guarantee a correct nutritional balance and receive the properties of the egg yolk, we can include at least one whole egg.
Nonetheless, to elaborate our delicious pancakes, we will suffice with:
- Instant Oatmeal, our choice of flavor, or even neutral and if we want to sweeten we can add some Sucralose.
- Eggs and/or Whites
Adding all the ingredients in a bowl and with the help of a blender, we would mix until we produce a homogeneous mass. Now it is time to cook. It is recommended to use a nonstick pan, with a little olive oil, and once it is hot, add the mixture. Depending on the size and number of pancakes, we can vary the amount we put in the pan. This will also alter the thickness of each pancake. The average cooking time for each side of the pancake is usually around a minute.
When we see that they reach a 'golden' color it means that they are ready to serve and eat!
Properties of Instant Oatmeal
- Easy to use: mix with water or other drink and it's ready
- Possibility of making countless recipes, such as the famous Pancakes
- High nutritional concentration: protein, complex carbohydrates, fiber, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals
- Anti-oxidant and natural anti-inflammatory effect, thanks to its active principles: the avenanthramides
- Support for weight control diets
- Increase satiety
- Improves digestive system and intestinal tract
- Ideal meal before performing a resistive activity
- Supports cardiovascular health by lowering blood pressure and regulating cholesterol levels
Why use Instant Oatmeal instead of Oatmeal Flakes?
The main reason is in relation to the way we consume it. While on the one hand, the flakes have been kept whole and they must be prepared before eating them, for example, allowing maceration. On the other, Instant Oatmeal is much more practical and fast. To follow any recipe, or use it inside a smoothie, preventing lumps from forming or not mixing correctly. Using Instant Oatmeal has virtually the same appearance and dissolution as protein powder.
Instant Oatmeal Flavors
Instant Oatmeal by HSN Raw Series is available in a wide range of flavors:
- Chocolate Coconut
- Custard with Cookies
- Cheese Cake
- Cheesecake Wild Fruit
Who Can Take Instant Oatmeal?
- Any member of the family can use Instant Oatmeal and make it part of their daily diet to ensure a balanced diet.
- Anyone looking to add to their diet a natural and healthy product that provides energy and vegetable origin proteins, along with a broad nutritional spectrum, to help strengthen the diet.
- Anyone who needs a quality calorie intake to gain weight.
- Anyone who needs to lose or maintain weight.
- All types of sports people and/or athletes looking for a source of low glycemic index carbohydrates, as a meal before performing a physical effort where prolonged energy is demanded. Its use in any other discipline, in which a certain level of energy is required, is also contemplated, as is the case with Athletics, Weightlifting, CrossFit, Collective Sports (Football, Basketball...) or Individual ones (Rowing, Judo...)