What is Creatine Creapure?
Creatine Excell (100% Creapure) by HSN Raw Series is made of creatine monohydrate Creapure® certified, which confirms the pharmaceutical degree of quality and purity of the product.
Creatine is a molecule produced by the body, approximately 2 grams daily, and is synthesized in the pancreas, kidneys and liver, from the amino acids glycine, arginine and methionine, that are predominant in skeletal muscle. It is stored in deposits of high energy demand, in two ways: in the phosphorylated form, also known as phosphocreatine (CP), around 60%, while the remaining 40% is in free creatine form. The latter will be the one that we have available at any time to perform a very intense effort, as could be the case of a sprint.
It can be found in foods, such as meat, fish or eggs, but in low doses as to be able to benefit from its effects.
The creatine is possibly the supplement with most studies supporting it, which corroborate what the vast majority of athletes claim, its efficiency as an ergogenic aid.
Difference between Creapure and Creatine
Both products will provide the same beneficial effects when taking it and following the same protocol of use, as we will see below.
Creapure creatine is produced following demanding pharmaceutical quality standards. These include GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) methods, which guarantees the quality of the manufacturing process in general; Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), aimed at identifying and eliminating the sources of contamination that can occur in the processes; And a level specially designed to eliminate the risks of cross-contamination with other products.
How does Creatine work in the body?
Once the creatine is ingested, it will travel to the muscle cells through the bloodstream. Once captured by these cells, it is converted to creatine phosphate. This substance will be used to deliver energy spikes in those activities that require it, such as strength training, weight lifting, sports in which explosive efforts are predominant... Creatine phosphate assists in replenishing reserves of ATP or Adenosin Triphosphate, which is a molecule that provides the power and energy needed for muscle contraction.
ATP is the first source of energy that our body uses in the first moments of a submaximal effort, of high intensity, and short duration (at most about 10 seconds). After that period, these energy deposits are empty, and require a certain period of time to restore them (synthesizing new ATP).
To continue with the activity, at a lower intensity, another substrate is used to provide the ATP, which in this case will be glucose. The main difference, is that it does so at a slower rate, and thus, we will not be able to apply the same power. Again, it will be taken from the reserve (phosphocreatine deposits), to generate again the physiological pathway of ATP synthesis.
Creatine helps keep cell hydration, as well as generating a potent stimulus for protein synthesis, which will translate into a greater muscle development.
It also offers another series of benefits, which are not directly related to sports aspects, such as: neuroprotection, reduction of sarcopenia or glucose control.
Who can benefit from Excell Creatine?
- Athletes and Sportspeople seeking to increase their strength and power levels during training and improve their athletic capacity.
- Athletes and Sportspeople that want to gain lean muscle mass.
- People who seek to improve their athletic capacity and obtain the previously described benefits.