- Optimum ratio 2:1:1 (Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine)
- Enriched with vitamin B6
- Capsules format
- Promotes muscles maintenance, avoiding catabolism
- Activates protein synthesis and promotes muscle development
- Function as energy substrate with carbohydrate shortage
- Help to delay fatigue during workout
What is BCAA's 2:1:1 by HSN Raw?
BCAA's by HSN Raw Series is a nutritional supplement that provides 6g of Branched-chain Amino Acids: leucine, valine and isoleucine in a 2:1:1 ratio.
These amino acids are essential (they must be provided through diet or supplementation) and together they form nearly one third of the total muscle tissue, hence their utmost significance.
BCAA's can be found in multiple protein food products, for example in meat or eggs, nonetheless, to ensure a correct contribution, the best option is to take them through a dietary supplement.
In the world of sports, its usage is very important in a calorie deficit environment, where the main goal is to lose fat but also to keep the maximum quantity of muscle possible.
What are the properties of BCAA's 2:1:1 by HSN Raw?
When we are carrying out a low calorie diet, we usually enter a catabolic phase, which means that our muscle mass can be compromised, simply because the body, given the lack of necessary calories, must 'eliminate' any element that it can consider a burden, for example, muscle mass.
If the protein synthesis is equal or less than the muscle tissue used as energy, there is what is known as a negative nitrogen balance that is mainly due to a lack of the required energy supply, but also induced by ourselves, as our goal is to eliminate the highest percentage of fat tissue possible. In this context, supplements of BCAA's are essential.
Functions of BCAA's
- Direct competition with Tryptophan: While we train, the amount of serotin that is generated is very high, and among other symptoms, it increases the feeling of exhaustion which can reduce our performance. Supplements of BCAAs reduce the amount of tryptophan that reaches the brain and therefore reduces the dose of serotonin, which translates into an increase in performance.
- Optimal anabolic environment: Branched-chain amino acids not only promote muscle development, but also produce an anabolic hormonal environment favourable for an increase of energy in our muscle tissue. Thus, helping the body to make greater use of fats and develop lean mass simultaneously, as well as accelerate recovery and stop muscle damage.
- Another important feature to take into account about BCAA's is that they are not metabolized by the liver, but directly absorbed and assimilated by the muscle tissue, being quickly available to maintain and grow muscle mass, or to provide energy to the muscles.
Leucine the most important of the 3
Among the 3 BCAA's, leucine is the most important amino acid, reason for which the ratio of this supplement is 2:1:1, giving leucine the strongest role.
This amino acid is the one that allows a clean, dense and solid muscle mass development. It is in charge of activating a metabolic route called mTOR, responsible for promoting protein synthesis.
Because of the increase of this route, a larger muscle development is achieved. This is also due to the capacity of the amino acid Leucine for retaining nitrogen and enhancing an optimum balance for anabolism to take place. Another property of Leucine that should be kept in mind is that it is considered a 'limiting nutrient', because the body needs it for the correct functioning of the rest of the amino acids.
If we do not get an adequate dose of the amino acid Leucine, the rest of the amino acids may not used, as the tasks involved in the creation of new tissues will not be carried out correctly.
How to take BCAA's?
There are several ways of taking branched chain amino acids. One of them is in the morning, before eating any food, ie, on an empty stomach, if we use this supplement at this time our efforts will be strongly rewarded. This is due to what was explained previously, taking BCAA's helps preserve muscle glycogen and tissue conservation, when performing activities with a certain level of intensity.
Usually the BCAA's are taken 20-30 minutes before training. In other cases, especially when the BCAA's are in the form of powder, they can be taken during the intra-workout, where they can be added to our bottle of water and be taken slowly during the sport session.
Finally, another alternative is to take them in the post-workout, which is also highly recommended. BCAA's can be taken alongside protein shakes and other amino acids after training, the combination will have a synergistic effect that will further increase protein synthesis, restoring nitrogen balance.
As for the dosage of Bcaa's that should be taken, this will vary according to the individual's conditions. A dose of about 3g per day offers positive results, but in some cases, a dose of around 10g for people with over 50kg of lean mass, produces notable benefits.
Who can benefit from BCAA's 2:1:1 by HSN Raw?
- Athletes wishing to recover properly after their workouts.
- Sportspeople who want to protect muscle mass during training, especially in long-duration sports.
- Sportsmen that seek to develop their muscle mass.
- General population looking to protect their muscle tissue from the effect of age, weight loss treatments, etc.
Do you need more information about this product? Ask
If you have any doubts, questions or suggestions about this product, please ask us and we will inform you with pleasure. And if the question is of general interest, we can post it here for the benefit of other users (only the question, we will not publish your data). For general questions about buying, guarantees, etc.. please use the generic contact form.