- Enzymatically modified carbohydrates
- Quick energy replenishment
- No stomach pains
- Ideal for intensive/long-lasting sports
What is Amylopectin or Waxy Maize Starch?
Amylopectin by HSN Raw Series is a type of starch (complex carbohydrate) with the purpose of providing the athlete with energy through the optimal glycogen replenishment.
Amylopectin is a type of polysaccharide made of multiple glucose units, that are linked by glycosidic bonds, giving way to a highly branched structure.
Insulin and Amylopectin
Carbohydrates are macronutrients that stimulate insulin secretion, an anabolic hormone that enhances nutrient entrance in cells. In this aspect we can distinguish the type of carbohydrate, according to the behaviour of the hormone that is released, ie, their glycemic index causes either higher or lower insulin release from the pancreas.
We can differentiate:
- Simple carbohydrate -> high glycemic index -> high insulin response
- Complex carbohydrate -> low glycemic index -> low insulin response
But amylopectin is a high GI complex carbohydrate that, besides being enzymatically modified, it keeps a steady energy level (low GI), which is a medium insulin response.
Amylopectin has 2 important characteristics:
It posses a low osmolarity, which means that it reduces body fluid absorption avoiding stomach pains or associated cramps, and causes a quick stomach transit.
Amylopectin Molecular Weight
Posses a high molecular weight, which indicates how many glycose molecules will be broken down to create energy. In this sense, amylopectin has an optimal amount of these. Therefore, amylopectin provides an effective replenishment of glycogen stores without modifying too much our glycemic levels (insulin), and reducing a possible hipoglycemia after the insulin increase.
What is Amylopectin used for?
Amylopectin is destined for activities requiring high glycogen stores to make the most of your sports performance. Amylopectin can be used either before, during or after training, as it will cause the refill and supply of energy effectively, to be able to maintain the intensity and duration of the exercise.
How to take Amylopectin?
It can be taken alone, or in combination with other types of supplements. One option that can produce very good results is to follow this scheme:
Who can benefit from Amylopectin?
- Athletes needing an extra energy supply, mainly those on endurance routines or trainings with a high enery demand.
- For those on long endurance or strength workout routines.
- Fitness and bodybuilding athletes, to mix it with proteins and get a higher calorie supply to promote muscle growth.