- Enzymatically modified carbohydrates
- Quick energy replenishment
- No stomach pain
- Ideal for intensive/long-lasting sports
What is Amylopectin?
HSN Raw Series Amylopectin is a carbohydrate whose purpose is to provide the athlete with energy through the optimal glycogen replenishment.
Carbohydrates are macronutrients that stimulate insuline secretion, an anabolic hormone that enhances nutrient entrance in cells. In this regard, its glycemic index causes either higher or lower insuline release from the pancreas. Then we find:
- Simple carbohydrate -> high glycemic index -> high insulin response
- Complex carbohydrate -> low glycemic index -> low insulin response
But amylopectin is a high GI complex carbohydrate that, besides being enymatically modified, it keeps a steady energy level (low GI), which is a medium insulin response.
Amylopectin has 2 important features también presenta 2 importantes características:
- Low osmolarity: it reduces body fuid absorption avoiding stomach pain or cramps associated, and causes a quick transit.
- High molecular weight: it indicates how many glycose molecules will be broken down to create energy. Amyplopectin keeps an optimal amount of these. Therefore, amylopectin provides an effective replenishment of glycogen stores without modifying too much our glycemic levels (insulin), and reducing a possible hipoglycemia after the insulin increase.
Amylopectin is destined for activities requiring high glycogen stores to make the most of your sports performance. You can use amylopectin either before, during or after training.
Who can benefit from Amylopectin?
- Athletes needing an extra energy supply, mainly those on endurance routines or trainings with a high enery demand.
- For those on long endurance or strength workout routines.
- Fitness and bodybuilding athletes, to mix it with proteins and get a higher calorie supply to promote muscle growth.