- Vitamin E contributes to the cellular protection against oxidative damage
- Each pearl provides 400IU of Vitamin E
- Take 1 capsule a day
- Easy to take
- Maximum purity
What is Vitamin E 400IU?
Vitamin E by HSN Essential is a food supplement that provides the body with an optimal dose of vitamin E (d-alpha acetate tocopherol). It is a fat-soluble vitamin that exerts an important antioxidant function in our organism.
What are the properties of Vitamin E?
Reduces cholesterol oxidation
Cholesterol is a natural substance produced by the liver and required by the body for the proper functioning of cells, nerves and hormones. When it oxidizes, it becomes dangerous. The studies have shown that vitamin E acts as a protective antioxidant that fights cholesterol oxidation, because it can neutralize free radicals in the body, which leads to the oxidation of cholesterol. (1)
Repairs damaged skin
Vitamin E helps to strengthen the walls of capillaries in skin and improve hydration and elasticity, as it acts as a natural anti-aging nutrient. Studies have proven that vitamin E helps to reduce inflammation, contributing to maintain a healthy and young skin. These antioxidant properties are also useful when we are exposed to the smoke from cigarettes or ultraviolet rays of light from the sun (helping to protect skin from cancer) as a possible treatment against sun burns. Because it accelerates the regeneration of cells, it can be used to treat scars, acne and wrinkles. (2)
Vitamin E can help to carry out a crucial role in the balance of the endocrine system and the nervous system, to be able to maintain hormonal balance, according to several studies. The symptoms of a hormonal unbalance, can include: Premenstrual syndrome, weight gain, allergies, urinary tract infections, skin changes, anxiety and fatigue. By keeping hormones in balance, we can maintain a healthy weight, and for women, a regular menstrual cycle, in addition to boosting a positive energy state, which will stimulate the feeling of well-being. (3)
Who can take Vitamin E?
- People who wish to cover their recommended daily allowance of Vitamin E.
- Athletes and people that are subjected to great physical demands.
1. Shekelle PG, Morton SC, Jungvig LK, Udani J, Spar M, Tu W, J Suttorp M, Coulter I, Newberry SJ, Hardy M. Effect of supplemental vitamin E for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease. J Gen Intern Med. 2004 Apr;19(4):380-9.
2. Nachbar F, Korting HC. The role of vitamin E in normal and damaged skin. J Mol Med (Berl). 1995 Jan;73(1):7-17.
3. Sen CK, Khanna S, Roy S. Tocotrienol: the natural vitamin E to defend the nervous system? Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Dec;1031:127-42.