- Vitamin D in the form of cholecalciferol
- Only 1 softgel a day with a meal
- Vitamin D contributes to maintaining normal bones
- Each softgel provides 100 µg of Vitamin D
- 120 softgels per pot
- Good manufacturing practice (GMP)
- Produced in a Certified Laboratory of the U.E.
- HACCP Certificate
What is Vitamin D3 from HSN Essentials?
Vitamina D3 by HSNessential is a nutritional supplement that provides a dose of 100µg (4000 IU) of vitamin D3 cholecalciferol per bead. Vitamin D or calciferol, belongs to the group of fat-soluble vitamins.
Among the vitamin D functions we can find the following:
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal bones.
- Contributes to the normal absorption/utilization of calcium and phosphorus.
- Contributes to normal levels of calcium in the blood.
- Contributes to maintaining normal muscle function.
- Contributes to maintain normal teeth.
- Contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Plays a role in the process of cell division
Vitamin D is found in many food products that we consume daily. Animal origin foods have vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol and plant origin foods we may find it in the form of ergocalciferol. Vitamin D can also be obtained by exposing our skin to sunlight.
- Animal sources: Oily fish (tuna, sardine, salmon and mackerel) are among the best sources of vitamin D. Beef liver, milk, cheese and egg yolks supply small quantities.
- Vegetable sources: Mushrooms and some seaweed, beer yeast, cereals and whole grains provide very reduced amounts of vitamin D. Usually these foods are fortified with an extra of vitamin D2 especially cereals or vegetable milks (soy, almond, oats, etc).
- Sunlight: The body produces vitamin D when the skin is exposed directly to the sun. This is why it is often called the 'sunshine' vitamin. Most people meet part of their vitamin D demands this way. However, many factors can limit the quantity you can obtain in this way, such as geographic location, during the winter months, skin pigmentation, the amount of time we remain outdoors or if we always need sun protection due to our skin phototype.
- Supplementation: Vitamin D supplements are often the choice of many people looking to cover the recommended dietary allowance of vitamin D. Basically, there are 2 types of vitamin D supplements on the market: Vitamin D3 supplements cholecalciferol (animal source) and Vitamin D2 supplements ergocalciferol (vegetable source). The most recommended are vitamin D3.
How to take vitamin D3?
Vitamin D3 is recommended to be taken along with food products that are rich in fats. Therefore, always take your vitamin D supplement with your meal or just after eating.
How to combine Vitamin D3?
Vitamin D3 supplements have been created to help cover the recommended daily allowance of this vitamin.
It can be combined with a multitude of products. Just be aware that the combining product does not provide additional vitamin D.
It is recommended to combine vitamin D with Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Vitamin K.
Who is this Vitamin D supplement aimed at?
- People looking to meet daily vitamin D requirements.
- People who do not get out in the sun, especially in the winter months or who live in countries with few hours of sunshine.
- People who spend a lot of time indoors (people that are confined, hospitalized patients...)
- Dark-skinned people.
- Overweight people.
- People who should always use sun protection because of their skin phototype.
- People who do not carry out an adequate diet.
- Sportsmen and active people.
- People over 50.