- Animal origin Omega-3 fatty acids
- Enriched with vitamin E
- High EPA and DHA ratio
- Molecularly distilled
- Each service provides 1100mg of essential fatty acids
What is Ultra Omega-3?
Ultra Omega-3 by HSN Essentials is a nutritional supplement made of rich in Omega-3 fish oil.
Omega-3 fatty acids are polyunsaturated fats that our organism needs but is unable to produce by itself.
Ultra Omega-3 has been enriched with Vitamin E, a fat-soluble vitamin with great antioxidant properties. (1)
Vitamin E helps protect cells in the presence of toxic compounds and has significant anticoagulant properties, so it has an important role as a protector of the cardiovascular system. (2)
There a three main Omega-3 fatty acids: alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) found in some seeds and oils of some plants such as flaxseed, eicosapentaenoic (EPA) and docosahexaenoic (DHA), found in fish and crustaceans.
Although the body produces EPA and DHA from ALA, the amount is not always enough, so experts recommend taking them through supplementation.
Ultra Omega-3 of HSN Essentials stands above the rest of Omega-3 products due to its high content of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA):
Both fatty acids play an essential role in our organism health.
When to supplement with Omega-3?
As previously explained, this type of nutrient is essential for the boy, and this is where its importance resides.
In this sense, those people who do not ingest Omega-3 sources should consider supplementation. Another reason is the higher costs of consuming sources such as blue fish to reach the daily doses of EPA and DHA.
Similarly, there is a risk of oxidation of the fatty acids, when cooking, if we do so excessively.
What are the properties of Omega-3?
The essential fatty acid Omega 3 has multiple beneficial properties for the organism. Among them:
- Prevention of obstructed arteries due to atherosclerosis. (3)
- Prevention of heart disease. (4)
- In menstruation periods, it relieves pain. (5)
- Relieves joint pain. (6)
- Fish oil prenatal supplementation may be beneficial in terms of neurological development. (7)
- Prevention of memory loss and Alzheimer's disease in older people. (8)
Specifically, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) contributes to:
- Normal brain functioning
- Maintenance of normal blood triglyceride levels
- Maintaining a normal vision
This food supplement also includes eicosapentanoic acid (EPA). The combination of these two essential acids contribute to:
- Maintaining normal arterial pressure
- Maintaining normal blood triglyceride levels
- Normal heart function
Who benefits from taking Omega-3?
- It is ideal for anyone who wants to provide an optimal dose of omega 3 fatty acids to their diet
- All kinds of athletes and active people
1. Herrera E, Barbas C. Vitamin E: action, metabolism and perspectives. J Physiol Biochem. 2001 Mar;57(1):43-56.
2. Spence J, Chintapenta M, Kwon HI, Blaszczyk AT. A Brief Review of Three Common Supplements Used in Alzheimer's Disease. Consult Pharm. 2017 Jul 1;32(7):412-414. doi: 10.4140/TCP.n.2017.412.
3. Calder PC. The role of marine omega-3 (n-3) fatty acids in inflammatory processes, atherosclerosis and plaque stability. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2012 Jul;56(7):1073-80. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201100710.
4. Jing X. Kang. Reduction of heart rate by omega-3 fatty acids and the potential underlying mechanisms. Front Physiol. 2012; 3: 416. Published online 2012 Oct 30. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2012.00416
5. Rahbar N1, Asgharzadeh N, Ghorbani R. Effect of omega-3 fatty acids on intensity of primary dysmenorrhea. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2012 Apr;117(1):45-7. doi: 10.1016/j.ijgo.2011.11.019. Epub 2012 Jan 17.
6. Maroon JC, Bost JW. Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) as an anti-inflammatory: an alternative to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for discogenic pain. Surg Neurol. 2006 Apr;65(4):326-31.
7. Vollet K, Ghassabian A, Sundaram R, Chahal N, Yeung EH. Prenatal fish oil supplementation and early childhood development in the Upstate KIDS Study. J Dev Orig Health Dis. 2017 Aug;8(4):465-473. doi: 10.1017/S2040174417000253. Epub 2017 Apr 24.
8. Spence J, Chintapenta M, Kwon HI, Blaszczyk AT. A Brief Review of Three Common Supplements Used in Alzheimer's Disease. Consult Pharm. 2017 Jul 1;32(7):412-414. doi: 10.4140/TCP.n.2017.412.