- 22g of protein per service
- 4g of BCAA's per service
- Less than 118kcal
- Less than 0.1g of sugar
- Aspartame and Acesulfame-K FREE
- Cholesterol and Lactose FREE
What is Pea Protein Isolate?
Pea Protein Isolate by HSN Essentials is a nutritional supplement made of pea protein, a vegetable protein ideal for people who follow a vegetarian or vegan diet. However, its use is also recommended for those who do not follow these diets, but who want to keep adequate protein levels and healthy habits.
When the intake of isolated pea protein is combined with an adequate diet and exercise regime, it contributes to muscle mass maintenance/growth.
What are the properties of Pea Proteins?
Free of cholesterol and lactose, as it is an Isolated type of protein, that has an elaboration process in which it is possible to eliminate, almost completely, these unwanted elements. In addition, Aspartame and Acesulfame-K have not been added as sweeteners. It is extremely low in calories and virtually does not contribute any sugar.
Free of GMOs
The sources that have been used for its production are completely free of GMOs. A Genetically Modified Organism is an organisms whose genetic material has been artificially manipulated in a laboratory by genetic engineering, or GE. This relatively new science creates combinations of plants, animals, bacteria and viral genes that do not occur in nature or through traditional cross-breeding methods. In this sense, it is not possible to predict with complete accuracy that these products are health-friendly, therefore they have been totally discarded from use in this product.
Excellent alternative to animal sources
It is also considered an excellent alternative for people who have allergies to milk and dairy by-products, or who should not take whey protein or casein, people with lactose intolerance, and those people who are vegan or vegetarian that have symptoms of soy intolerance, as well as people intolerant to gluten. It is also easy to digest and does not cause swelling, a common side effect of many other protein powders.
Additionally, it offers a very good aminogram, with BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) with important properties for facing recovery and muscle mass growth.
Benefits of Pea Protein
Contributes to nutritional requirements
The protein amount that must be consumed requires an extra supply specially if the person exercises weightlifting. Thanks to it, training recovery will get easier and, through the physical stress stimulus and the rupture of muscle fibres, will enhance muscle regeneration and muscle mass growth. (1)
This way, fulfilling our protein needs from different sources is the most beneficial to do. In this regard, Pea Protein Isolate is going to contribute to an excellent protein supply that is suitable for anyone, regardless the type of intolerance or diet.
Increases muscle mass and physical performance
Following the examination of the benefits that may be provided by the intake of proteins, a study revealed that: 'Protein supplementation can increase muscle mass and performance when the workout stimuli is adequate (for example, frequency, volume, duration) and the dietary intake is coherent with the recommendations for physically active people.
For untrained individuals, supplemental protein intake probably has no impact on lean mass and muscle strength during the first few weeks of resistance training. However, as the duration, frequency, and volume of resistance training increases, protein supplementation may promote muscle hypertrophy and increase gains in muscle strength in untrained and trained individuals. Evidence also suggests that protein supplementation can accelerate gains in both aerobic and anaerobic power.' (2)
How to take Pea Protein?
When introducing this nutrient into our diet we have several possibilities. We can take shakes mixed with water or milk of vegetable origin, and serve as an excellent post-training food for the protein intake for the recovery phase and gain muscle mass.
We can also make use of it, at any time of the day when we need a nutritional contribution of protein. Thus, we can make different fitness recipes, such as:
- Mix with rice flour
- Mix with fresh cheese or yogurts
- Protein sponge cakes
It can be bought from the HSN Essentials series. Its sold in a 2Kg bag format, with a zip closure and it is available in two flavours: chocolate and vanilla.
Who can take Pea Protein?
- Anyone looking to meet the daily protein requirements through a vegetable source
- Sports people in general who need to enhance muscle growth and recovery
- People with lactose intolerance
1. Babault N, Païzis C, Deley G, Guérin-Deremaux L, Saniez MH, Lefranc-Millot C, Allaert FA. Pea proteins oral supplementation promotes muscle thickness gains during resistance training: a double-blind, randomized, Placebo-controlled clinical trial vs. Whey protein. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015 Jan 21;12(1):3. doi: 10.1186/s12970-014-0064-5. eCollection 2015.
2. Pasiakos SM, McLellan TM, Lieberman HR. The effects of protein supplements on muscle mass, strength, and aerobic and anaerobic power in healthy adults: a systematic review. Sports Med. 2015 Jan;45(1):111-31. doi: 10.1007/s40279-014-0242-2.
Nutritional Facts PEA PROTEIN ISOLATE 2Kg CHOCOLATE
|per servingper 100g|
|Information PEA PROTEIN ISOLATE 2Kg CHOCOLATE|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (30g)|
|Daily dose: 30g|
|Servings per container: 67|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|of which saturates||0,3g||++|
|of which sugars||0,1g||++|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) establecidos en el Reglamento (UE) 1169/2011 de 25 de octubre de 2011. †† Los NRV en esta ocasión no están establecidos.|
|Ingredients: Pea protein isolate, cocoa powder, carob powder, vanilla flavouring, chocolate flavouring, Thickener E412 (guar gum), cocoa extract, Sweetener E955 (sucralose).|
How to take PROTEÍNA DE GUISANTE AISLADA:Take 1 scoop (30g) per intake. Mix with 150-250ml of milk or water, shake and consume.
Amino Acid Profile PEA PROTEIN ISOLATE 2Kg CHOCOLATE
|Amino Acids Profile||x100g|
- Proteína de guisante, una gran alternativaPara ser una proteína de origen vegetal, cuenta con un alto valor biológico (entre 80 y 85)...
- Deportista vegano: Rompiendo los dogmasLas dietas fitness, especialmente aquellas diseñadas para aumentar la masa muscular, parecen ir obligatoriamente ligadas al tupper de arroz con pollo y a la tortilla de clara de huevo...
- Top 11 mejores fuentes proteína vegetal¿Por qué necesitamos consumir proteínas? Constituyen uno de los nutrientes fundamentales para cualquier proceso biológico...
- Top 3 recetas veganas para una dieta fitnessUna alimentación vegana equilibrada supone una nutrición adecuada y además ayuda a evitar muchas sustancias poco saludables presentes en los productos de origen animal...
Do you need more information about this product? Ask
If you have any doubts, questions or suggestions about this product, please ask us and we will inform you with pleasure. And if the question is of general interest, we can post it here for the benefit of other users (only the question, we will not publish your data). For general questions about buying, guarantees, etc.. please use the generic contact form.