- 302mg of Magnesium per daily dosage (2 tablets)
- 80% of the RDA of magnesium per dosage
- Vegetarian formula
- Vegetable capsules
What is Magnesium Glycinate?
Magnesium Glycinate by HSN Essentials is a supplement made of a combination magnesium and glycine (a non-essential amino-acid), resulting in one of the most bioavailable and absorbable forms of magnesium.
Glycinate is the form of magnesium that is less harmful for the stomach and causes no laxative effect
Magnesium in the human body
Approximately a 60% of this essential mineral is found in our bone system, while the rest of it will be found in the muscles, soft tissues and fluids, including blood. In fact each of our body's cells contains it, due to its great importance.
One of its main functions is acting as a cofactor in physiological processes that are continuously taking place in our body, as well as contributing with the supply of enzymes that have been synthesised.
It is estimated that magnesium participates in more than 600 activities, giving us an idea of its importance.
In short, we can name the main functions:
- Energy metabolism: it is involved in energy production from the foods in our diet.
- Synthesis of proteins: participates in the building processes of new muscle tissues as well as to produce amino acids.
- Muscle function: for contraction and relaxation of muscles when performing both voluntary and involuntary movements (support for the heart muscle).
- Function of the Nervous System: aid in the regulation of neurotransmitters, which enhances communication between neurons, in addition to contributing to neuromuscular function.
What are the benefits of Magnesium?
It has an essential role in the creation of our body's energy molecules such as the creation of ATP (adenosine triphosphate). It is an activator of numerous coenzymes and participates in protein synthesis. It is essential for nerve impulse transmission, muscle relaxation and maintenance of acid-base balance. (1)
It is also involved in the proper bone and development, and in the parathyroid hormone (hormone involved in regulating metabolism of calcium and phosphorus), and the vitamin D of the bone. This supplement may reduce the symptoms of depression, because of its effect on the area of the brain that controls the state of mind and mood. It also intervenes in the correct functioning of the intestine and in the regulation of blood sugar levels. Additionally, it may also improve insulin sensitivity. (2)
Magnesium plays an essential role in the relaxation of blood vessels, helps to regulate blood pressure and promotes the proper functioning of the heart muscle. (3)
Despite the evidence of the importance of magnesium, many people do not pay enough attention to it, or think they do not need it. This can be a mistake, and have serious consequences. Nutrition should not be neglected, especially in relation to micronutrients.
Among the possible symptoms due to a magnesium deficit we can observe (4):
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle cramps
- High blood pressure
- Respiratory problems
- Mental confusion
- Memory problems
- Dizziness and nausea
- Low levels of calcium and potassium
Magnesium glycinate from HSN Essentials is the safest option to correct a long-term deficiency
Who can take Magnesium Glycinate?
- People looking to increase their health by avoiding potential magnesium deficiencies and meeting their daily needs
- Athletes or active people whose levels of magnesium can be affected by intense training
1. Volpe SL. Magnesium in disease prevention and overall health. Adv Nutr. 2013 May 1;4(3):378S-83S. doi: 10.3945/an.112.003483.
2. Long S, Romani AM 1. Role of Cellular Magnesium in Human Diseases. Austin J Nutr Food Sci. 2014 Nov 18;2(10). pii: 1051.
3. Dibaba DT, Xun P, Song Y, Rosanoff A, Shechter M, He K. The effect of magnesium supplementation on blood pressure in individuals with insulin resistance, prediabetes, or noncommunicable chronic diseases: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017 Jul 19. pii: ajcn155291. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.117.155291. [Epub ahead of print]
4. Fox C, Ramsoomair D, Carter C. Magnesium: its proven and potential clinical significance. South Med J. 2001 Dec;94(12):1195-201.
Nutritional Facts MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE 302mg - 120 veg caps
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE 302mg - 120 veg caps|
|Serving size: 2 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 2 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 60|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Magnesio (de 1666mg de glicinato de magnesio)||302,4mg||80,6%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) establecidos en el Reglamento (UE) 1169/2011 de 25 de octubre de 2011. †† Los NRV en esta ocasión no están establecidos.|
|Ingredients: Magnesium glycinate (18%), vegetable white capsule, emulsifier E-460i (microcrystalline cellulose), anti-caking agent E-470b (magnesium stearate), anti-caking agent E-551 (silicon dioxide).|
How to take GLICINATO DE MAGNESIO 302mg - 120 veg caps:Take 2 vegetable capsules once a day with lunch.
Do you need more information about this product? Ask
If you have any doubts, questions or suggestions about this product, please ask us and we will inform you with pleasure. And if the question is of general interest, we can post it here for the benefit of other users (only the question, we will not publish your data). For general questions about buying, guarantees, etc.. please use the generic contact form.