- New and improved formula!
- Maca Extract 10:1
- Vegetarian formula
- Take 1 capsule a day
- It has a nutritionally dense profile
- High plant extract content
- In-House Production
What is Maca?
Maca by HSN Essentials is a nutritional supplement made of Maca extract 10:1 from the root of Lepidium meyenii Walp.
Maca is a tuber grown on the high Andean plateau. Since it was discovered, it has been used in typical dishes in Peru and Bolivia. The tuber part is used as a vegetable and the root for making food supplements.
Benefits of Maca
Those people who suffer from stress, due to factors such as work, burdens and responsibilities, or even physical exercise, can benefit from reducing the effects of cortisol. This hormone is responsible for increasing our stimulatory response according to the conditions of the environment or because we detect a situation of alarm. In this sense, it is possible to be secreting larger amounts due to the causes previously mentioned, leading to a situation where our adrenal system will be in continuous operation, with the health risk that this involves, physiologically and especially psychologically. It can lead to depressive symptoms, anxiety, irritability, hypertension... Maca can help to solve this situation and thanks to its properties, face these situations, producing a positive effect on our health and performance. (1)
One of the most outstanding effects that it has is as an invigorating, energetic, and aphrodisiac, raising sexual desire in both men and women. Even certain studies (2) reflect that it can have a positive action for people with sexual dysfunction problems.
In relation to sports world, the energy properties along with the sexual appetite, were evidenced in a study (3) that showed the positive results of supplementation in athletes, where both the physical performance in the practice of sports and sexual aspects, were satisfactory.
Reduces menopause symptoms
Maca root has been widely used as a hormonal regulator, research shows that the high concentration of nutrients and phytochemical content (chemical compounds that are naturally found in plants), may be the contributing agents to this effect. Maca root supplements can cause a reduction of the most common symptoms of menopause, such as flushing, nocturnal perspiration, sleep problems or mood swings. (4)
Who can take Maca?
- Anyone looking to complete their diet with the highest quality Maca extract.
1. Dording CM, Fisher L, Papakostas G, Farabaugh A, Sonawalla S, Fava M, Mischoulon D. A double-blind, randomized, pilot dose-finding study of maca root (L. meyenii) for the management of SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2008 Fall;14(3):182-91. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-5949.2008.00052.x.
2. Stone M1, Ibarra A, Roller M, Zangara A, Stevenson E. A pilot investigation into the effect of maca supplementation on physical activity and sexual desire in sportsmen. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009 Dec 10;126(3):574-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2009.09.012. Epub 2009 Sep 23.
3. Stone M1, Ibarra A, Roller M, Zangara A, Stevenson E. A pilot investigation into the effect of maca supplementation on physical activity and sexual desire in sportsmen. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009 Dec 10;126(3):574-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2009.09.012. Epub 2009 Sep 23.
4. Brooks NA, Wilcox G, Walker KZ, Ashton JF, Cox MB, Stojanovska L. Beneficial effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on psychological symptoms and measures of sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women are not related to estrogen or androgen content. Menopause. 2008 Nov-Dec;15(6):1157-62. doi: 10.1097/gme.0b013e3181732953.