- Lutein extracted from the plant Tagetes erecta
- 2 capsules a day with a meal
- Each capsule provides 20mg of Lutein
- Vegetarian formula
- 120 capsules per bottle
- Good manufacturing practice (GMP)
- Produced in a Certified Laboratory of the U.E.
- HACCP Certificate
What is Lutein by HSNessentials?
Lutein by HSNessentials is a nutritional supplement that provides 40mg of lutein per service (2 capsules) extracted from the Tagetes erecta plant, commonly called 'Marigold'.
Lutein is a natural fat-soluble pigment. Specifically it is a dihydroxylated carotenoid belonging to the xanthophyll class that is naturally present in many plants, algae, bacteria and plants.
In humans, lutein along with zeaxanthin is found in large concentrations in eyes, in the retina, the lens and the macula.
Sources of Lutein
- Vegetable sources: Lutein can be found in many vegetables, especially dark green ones, such as: peas, spinach, Brussels sprouts, lettuce, cabbage, parsley, asparagus, beans and peppers. It is also present in orange/yellow fruits and vegetables such as mangoes, corn, sweet potatoes, carrots and squash. It is found in egg yolk and animal fats.
- Supplementation: Lutein supplements have been available in the market for 20 years as a way to ensure the correct level of this carotenoid in our body. The sources of lutein for the production of supplements are very varied. The majority of Lutein supplements that are found in the market are extracted from the petals of the Calendula or the Marigold plant, considered as one of the best sources of this carotenoid.
Properties of Lutein by HSNessentials
- Lutein extracted from Marigold plant: The Mexican Marigold, also known as Aztec marigold or cempasuchil, is an annual plant native to Mexico. Its flower is very aromatic and its shades go from orange to yellow. This plant develops in warm climates with a low humidity. The Mexican marigold flowers (Tagete erecta) are the most important source of lutein, being able to be found also in some varieties of alpha and beta carotene.
- Vegetable capsules: For the production of lutein capsules no animal origin ingredient has been used, therefore it is suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
How to take Lutein?
It is recommended to take your lutein supplement with a meal or just after eating.
How to combine Lutein?
Lutein can be combined with a multitude of products. Just keep in mind that the combining product does not provide additional lutein.
Lutein can be combined with multivitamin supplements that do not provide this carotenoid.
It can be combined with Lycopene, Green Tea, Astaxanthin, Vitamin C, Anthocyanins, Resveratrol or Citrus Bioflavonoids.
Who is this Lutein supplement aimed at?
- People looking to enrich their diet with the carotenoid Lutein.
- Sportspeople and active people.
- People over 50.
Nutritional Facts LUTEIN 20mg - 120 veg caps
|Information LUTEIN 20mg - 120 veg caps|
|Serving's size: 2 capsules|
|Amount per serving|
|Ingredients: Bulking agent E460i (microcrystalline cellulose), maltodextrin, Tagetes erecta L dry extract (flowers) [20% lutein], coating agent E464 (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), colorant E171 (titanium dioxide).|
How to take LUTEINA 20mg - 120 veg caps:As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules a day preferably with a meal.
Do you need more information about this product? Ask
If you have any doubts, questions or suggestions about this product, please ask us and we will inform you with pleasure. And if the question is of general interest, we can post it here for the benefit of other users (only the question, we will not publish your data). For general questions about buying, guarantees, etc.. please use the generic contact form.
Good product for the price
Lutein is a product we, my husband and I, use ordinarily and with very good results. Taking care of our vision is important to us and Lutein gives us the opportunity to keep it in check.