- L-Arginine in free form
- Vegetarian formula
- Precursor of HCH and nitric oxide
- Improves athletic performance and muscle recovery
- Contributes to a healthy immune system
- Improves cardiovascular and sexual health
What is L-Arginine 1000mg?
L-Arginine 1000mg by HSN Essentials is a food supplement that provides the optimal dose of L-Arginine, in the form of L-Arginine Hydrochloride one of the most bioavailable types.
Arginine is an amino acid that our body synthesizes naturally, however it is deemed to be a conditionally essential amino acid, as the endogenous synthesis of arginine does not cover the needs of our body. Arginine participates in multiple important functions within our organism, especially if we are active and perform physical activities regularly.
What are the properties of L-Arginine?
Arginine intervenes in multiple important bodily functions. It actively participates in protein synthesis, indispensable for muscle development is accompanied by strength training.
Arginine and Nitric Oxide
Arginine also contributes to the synthesis of nitric oxide in the body, being one of the main precursors. Nitric oxide makes blood vessels dilate and thereby improve blood flow which enables a larger quantity of nutrients and oxygen to reach the muscle tissue, accelerating recovery processes and muscle growth.
The formation of nitric oxide through arginine means that it is also linked with a positive effect on coronary and circulatory diseases.
We can establish that arginine contributes to the synthesis of creatinine and nitric oxide, with an important function in the dilation and relaxation of the blood vessels.
Arginine and Growth Hormone
The decrease of growth hormone in the body with ageing is an important reason for which muscle mass tends to reduce with age and body fat increases. This hormonal decrease also produces a decrease in skin growth and regeneration, thanks to ageing, which causes a more fine and less flexible skin. This aspect can partially be solved by arginine supplementation, because it naturally releases growth hormone. The effect is even more noticeable if a training plan is included, as shown in the following study. (1)
Arginine as a hormone precursor is safe and can be used by those people, young people in this case, that stopped growing at least 5 years ago, to notice the benefits.
Arginine and Collagen
Arginine is also beneficial for accelerating the healing of wounds. Proline is produced from Arginine, which in turn favours the synthesis of collagen. This facilitates the formation of new tissues and therefore healing. (2)
Arginine also helps to boost the immune system. Although on this point the mechanism by which it acts has not been clearly established, improvements have been described in the thymic system (the thymus), lymphocytic activity and neutrophilic action with the consumption of Arginine.
Benefits of Arginine
Reduces inflammation and improves the health of blood vessels and of the cardiovascular system. This is thanks to its ability to prevent arterial hypertension, improving blood flow in people with obstructed arteries, and treating cholesterol to reduce its levels in blood, helping to alleviate congestive heart failure, improving endurance, and reducing the symptoms that are associated to stopping the blood flow from the heart to the extremities (phenomenon called claudication), as can be seen in this study. (3)
Another important benefit is to reduce inflammation and boost the immune function. This can be explained with its properties for neutralizing free radicals as they produce their effects on the superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme, among others. Arginine is an essential amino acid that plays an important role in the immunological system.
Improves sports capacity thanks to the increase of nutrient transport and ofmuscular oxygenation. The result will be a higher quality training sessions, with extra resistance, especially aerobic resistance, as well as better vasodilation in weight workouts. It also supports sportspeople with certain pathologies such as poor circulation, joint injuries or syndrome of cold hands and feet. (4)
Sensitivity to insulin
Because of its vasodilatory effects, there is an improvement in blood flow, which may result in an improvement of the vascular endothelial activity of the penis. In this way it is possible to improve male sexual function by providing more pleasurable sexual relations. (6)
Who can take L-Arginine?
- Sportspeople in general
- Anyone who seeks to enrich their diet with the amino acid arginine
- People who want to benefit from any of the beneficial properties of arginine
1. Kanaley JA. Growth hormone, arginine and exercise. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2008 Jan;11(1):50-4.
2. Williams JZ, Abumrad N, Barbul A. Effect of a specialized amino acid mixture on human collagen deposition. Ann Surg. 2002 Sep;236(3):369-74; discussion 374-5.
3. Böger RH, Bode-Böger SM, Thiele W, Creutzig A, Alexander K, Frölich JC. Restoring vascular nitric oxide formation by L-arginine improves the symptoms of intermittent claudication in patients with peripheral arterial occlusive disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1998 Nov;32(5):1336-44.
4. Pahlavani N, Entezari MH, Nasiri M, Miri A, Rezaie M, Bagheri-Bidakhavidi M, Sadeghi O. The effect of l-arginine supplementation on body composition and performance in male athletes: a double-blinded randomized clinical trial. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2017 Apr;71(4):544-548. doi: 10.1038/ejcn.2016.266. Epub 2017 Jan 25.
5. McConell GK. Effects of L-arginine supplementation on exercise metabolism. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2007 Jan;10(1):46-51.
6. Jung HC, Mun KH, Park TC, Lee YC, Park JM, Huh K, Seong DH, Suh JK. Role of nitric oxide in penile erection. Yonsei Med J. 1997 Oct;38(5):261-9.
Nutritional Facts L-ARGININE 1000mg - 120 veg caps
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information L-ARGININE 1000mg - 120 veg caps|
|Serving size: 2 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 2 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 60|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) establecidos en el Reglamento (UE) 1169/2011 de 25 de octubre de 2011. †† Los NRV en esta ocasión no están establecidos.|
|Ingredients: L-Arginine hydrochloride (produced through a fermentation process), White vegetable capsule, Anti-caking E470b (magnesium stearate) and E551 (silicon dioxide).|
How to take L-ARGININA 1000mg - 120 veg caps:Take 2 capsules a day between meals.
- L-arginina, producción de óxido nítrico e hipertrofia muscularEl óxido nítrico, molécula que se produce a partir de un aminoácido en concreto como es la L-arginina...
- La L-Arginina, un aminoácido muy importanteLa L-arginina es un aminoácido no esencial que el cuerpo humano no es capaz de producir por sí mismo, y por lo tanto debe ser tomado a través de alimentos o suplementos...
- Top Suplementos para la disfunción erectilActualmente, son muchos los hombres que padecen, en distintos grados, de disfunción eréctil. Existen diversos factores que pueden provocar este malestar que van desde los fisiológicos hasta los psicológicos...
Do you need more information about this product? Ask
If you have any doubts, questions or suggestions about this product, please ask us and we will inform you with pleasure. And if the question is of general interest, we can post it here for the benefit of other users (only the question, we will not publish your data). For general questions about buying, guarantees, etc.. please use the generic contact form.