- 500mg Krill Oil per serving
- 66mg of DHA and 140mg EPA
- 430mg of phospholipids
- Contains Astaxanthin
What is Krill Oil?
Krill Oil by HSN Essentials is an encapsulated supplement that provides an extraordinary source of essential Omega-3 fatty acids, from Krill, (EPA or acid Eicosapentaenoic acid, DHA or docosahexaenoic acid) and includes phospholipids and astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant that helps to counteract the negative effects of free radicals and promote cellular health. (1)
This small crustacean, similar to a shrimp, is found in Antarctic seas and constitutes a large part of the aquatic population. It is the food of numerous species such as penguins, whales, fish and other animals.
In recent years, Krill oil has gained worldwide popularity due to its high content of Omega-3 essential fatty acids, which is translated as being a cardioprotective product. (2)
What are the properties of Krill Oil?
Krill oil supplements are consumed by millions of people around the world to get the recommended daily doses of essential fatty acids, being one of the fundamental pillars on which to sustain an optimal level of health.
Benefits from consuming Omega-3
Consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids in adequate amounts within the context of a balanced diet helps to prevent cardiovascular disease because of its ability to lower LDL cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure and raise good HDL cholesterol. (2)
Several studies prove that a diet high in Omega-3 helps raise adiponectin blood levels, which is a hormone with beneficial effects on metabolic processes. That is why, Omega-3 can be beneficial to stabilize blood sugar. In long-term human studies, higher levels of adiponectin are associated with a lower risk of type 2 diabetes. (3)
Omega-3 essential fatty acids contribute to:
- Normal growth and development in children
- Maintaining normal blood triglyceride levels
- Maintaining normal blood pressure
Benefits of Krill Oil
As with fish oil, the lipid profile provides support for heart health and blood circulation. In recent years, more consideration is being given to this aspect, and we can see more diets with sources of essential fatty acids present, either from food or via supplementation. The polyunsaturated fatty acids EPA and DHA are responsible for cholesterol balance, encouraging the markers to healthy levels. (2)
Keeping a correct balance between Omega-3 and Omega-6 in our diet will be fundamental, mainly due to the tendency in most diets to favour the ratio towards Omega-6, causing possible imbalances at a physiological and metabolic level. One of the results with negative effects will be impede inflammation reduction, which will cause problems regarding the connective and articular system. With the consumption of Omega-3 we will reduce this wide margin, and an immediate observable effect will be the correct maintenance in plasma of the C-reactive protein, one of the main markers of joint health. (4)
Normal cognitive function is supported by the phospholipids found in krill. These will reinforce several capacities such as memory, attention and mental acuity, as well as acting on improving the person's behaviour, improving his mood and state of mind. The brain matter is constituted around 60% by DHA, hence the importance as a cornerstone of the brain's structure and function. (5)
Support for women
The menstrual health includes different systems of the body, including hormonal balance, mood and energy patterns, as well as physiological symptoms. Most women experience several natural symptoms only a few days before their menstrual cycles begin. Changes in estrogen and progesterone balance may result in changes in mood, swelling, breast tenderness and a worse response to stress. Krill oil, which contains phospholipids that are known to support the production of hormones, can help women to reduce these symptoms due to the menstrual cycle. (6)
Side Effects of Krill Oil
This product is a support for health, however it may produce some negative effects according to the person's situation, and these basically refer to:
- Allergy to one of its components
- Be under a doctors prescription, especially in the case of suffering diabetes
- Suffer from hypertension
- Take blood-thinning medications
If a surgery has to be performed, it should be known that Krill oil dilutes blood, so it is advisable to suppress its consumption about two to three weeks before the operation.
Of course, in case of doubt, it is advisable to consult your doctor.
Who can take Krill Oil?
- Anyone who wishes to enrich their diet with a higher percentage of Omega 3 fatty acids.
1. Higuera-Ciapara I, Félix-Valenzuela L, Goycoolea FM. Astaxanthin: a review of its chemistry and applications. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2006;46(2):185-96.
2. Jing X. Kang. Reduction of heart rate by omega-3 fatty acids and the potential underlying mechanisms. Front Physiol. 2012; 3: 416. Published online 2012 Oct 30. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2012.00416
3. Iwabu M, Okada-Iwabu M, Yamauchi T, Kadowaki T. Adiponectin/adiponectin receptor in disease and aging. NPJ Aging Mech Dis. 2015 Dec 3;1:15013. doi: 10.1038/npjamd.2015.13. eCollection 2015.
4. Maroon JC, Bost JW. Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) as an anti-inflammatory: an alternative to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for discogenic pain. Surg Neurol. 2006 Apr;65(4):326-31.
5. Kidd PM. Omega-3 DHA and EPA for cognition, behavior, and mood: clinical findings and structural-functional synergies with cell membrane phospholipids. Altern Med Rev. 2007 Sep;12(3):207-27.
6. Rahbar N1, Asgharzadeh N, Ghorbani R. Effect of omega-3 fatty acids on intensity of primary dysmenorrhea. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2012 Apr;117(1):45-7. doi: 10.1016/j.ijgo.2011.11.019. Epub 2012 Jan 17.
Nutritional Facts KRILL OIL 500mg - 120 softgels
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information KRILL OIL 500mg - 120 softgels|
|Serving size: 1 softgel|
|Daily dose: 2 softgels|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving|
|Aceite de Krill (Euphasia Superba)||500mg|
|DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)||33mg|
|Epa (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)||70mg|
|Ingredients: *Krill oil (Euphasia Superba) (Superba), gelatine, E422 humectant (glycerol). *Contains crustaceans .|
How to take ACEITE DE KRILL 500mg - 120 softgels:Take 1 softgel twice a day with a meal.
Do you need more information about this product? Ask
If you have any doubts, questions or suggestions about this product, please ask us and we will inform you with pleasure. And if the question is of general interest, we can post it here for the benefit of other users (only the question, we will not publish your data). For general questions about buying, guarantees, etc.. please use the generic contact form.