- Vegetable capsule
- Each capsule provides 500mg of Inositol
- Manufactured in a Certified EU Laboratory
- Product made with the following guarantees GMP, ISO 22000 and HACCP
- Vegetarian formula
What is Inositol?
Inositol by HSN Essential is a nutritional supplement that provides an optimal dose of vegetable origin inositol. For years inositol has been considered part of the B vitamins complex. However, nowadays this consideration has been rejected as it is an isomer of glucose.
What are the properties of Inositol?
Inositol can be found practically in all of the cells of the body, as it is an essential component of phospholipids that form the cell membranes (cell membranes provide consistency and structure to our body cells).
Normally a varied diet is enough to satisfy the daily demands of this compound, however, due to its importance for the body it can be of interest to increase the daily dosage. Other factors can decrease the levels of inositol in the body, such as the consumption of antibiotics or high daily amounts of caffeine.
The brain is one of the organs where most inositol is concentrated and it actively participates in the transmission of the nervous impulses. Several studies have proven that inositol has a fairly powerful effect when reducing states of anxiety and stress, as well as improving the symptoms of depression or hyperactivity. (1)
It can be considered as a natural remedy for anxiety, being even more effective in some cases than medications.
The key to being able to understand the benefits provided by Inositol, resides in the cells, because it strengthens their integrity by synthesizing several of its components. It has a relation with calcium, in such a way that it can access the stores of this mineral in the brain and give the order to activate the release of neurotransmitters, such as serotonin, which is in charge of controlling our state of mind, humour, sensation of tranquillity and well-being. (2)
Coadjuvant for the treatment of PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
A study reveals the importance of Inositol supplementation in the treatment of PCOS. (3)
Side effect of Inositol
As Inositol is a hydrosoluble element, any excess of this substance will be excreted, and therefore it is not harmful. In addition, the report of side effects is not frequent, however, depending on the person and the dose (high), there may be symptoms of: dizziness, headaches, gastrointestinal discomfort and diarrhea.
Who can benefit from Inositol?
- People over the age of 50.
1. Jorm AF, Christensen H, Griffiths KM, Parslow RA, Rodgers B, Blewitt KA. Effectiveness of complementary and self-help treatments for anxiety disorders. Med J Aust. 2004 Oct 4;181(7 Suppl):S29-46.
2. Palatnik A, Frolov K, Fux M, Benjamin J. Double-blind, controlled, crossover trial of inositol versus fluvoxamine for the treatment of panic disorder. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2001 Jun;21(3):335-9.
3. Orrù B, Circo R, Logoteta P, Petousis S, Carlomagno G. Finding the best therapeutic approach for PCOS: the importance of inositol(s) bioavailability. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017 Jun;21(2 Suppl):83-88.