- 120mg of Ginkgo leaf extract (50:1)
- 24% Flavone glycosides, 6% terpenic lactones
- Vegetable capsules
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Take 1 capsule a day
What is Ginkgo Biloba?
Ginkgo Biloba by HSN Essentials is the herbal extract of the Ginkgo leaf, with important benefits for our health.
Ginkgo Biloba is a very old tree that resists adverse climatic factors. It is a plant native to China, Korea and Japan, but it adapts very well to the most varied terrains and climates.
Composition of Ginkgo Biloba
The power of Ginkgo Biloba lies in two of the elements it provides: flavonoids and terpenoids, whose antioxidant properties can help slow the progression of age-related diseases, by combating oxidative stress caused by free radicals. (1)
It is very rich in flavonoids, biflavones, terpenes, organic substances with acid function, cyanogenic glycosides, and so on, which gives it multiple therapeutic properties.
Benefits of Ginkgo Biloba
Thanks to its high content of antioxidants, it helps protect our cells from the attacks caused by free radicals. These molecules can be caused by external factors (exposure to pollutants, solar radiation...) or have their origin in various metabolic processes (breathing itself), the influence of diet, or the mere passing of time. The effect caused by free radicals will affect the cells that make up the tissues of our body, in addition to accelerating the aging. (2)
Unfortunately, nowadays, it is quite common, that a large part of the population suffers from stress, due to the rhythm of life. Thus, the resulting symptoms can lead to nervousness, depression, mood changes... Ginkgo is considered an 'adaptogenic' substance, that is, it benefits the body's ability to handle stressors and counteracts the effects of high levels of stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. (3)
Treatment of premenstrual syndrome
Some research studies have shown the positive effects of taking ginkgo for the reduction of premenstrual syndrome symptoms, including mood swings, headaches, anxiety, fatigue, and muscle pain. It also appears to have beneficial effects on mood and cognition in postmenopausal women and may help improve similar symptoms. (4)
Improvement of blood and peripheral circulation
Ginkgo biloba has substances such as ginkgólidos that prevent the activation of platelets and with it the blood coagulation, therefore, a supplement of Ginkgo Biloba can be beneficial in people with tendency to suffer clots as long as they consult it with a doctor first. In addition, Ginkgo benefits from lipid peroxidation, thereby preventing fats from accumulating in the vascular walls.
Ginkgo Biloba also helps to improve microcirculation, and it is the smaller veins that benefit most from its actions, thus improving the blood supply in body parts such as the brain. That is why ginkgo can be a perfect ally to improve cognitive functions such as memory. (5)
Who can benefit from Ginkgo Biloba?
- People looking to take care of their organism with the properties that this nutritional supplement offers.
1. Bell L, Lamport DJ, Butler LT, Williams CM. A Review of the Cognitive Effects Observed in Humans Following Acute Supplementation with Flavonoids, and Their Associated Mechanisms of Action. Nutrients. 2015 Dec 9;7(12):10290-306. doi: 10.3390/nu7125538.
2. Suliman NA, Mat Taib CN, Mohd Moklas MA, Adenan MI, Hidayat Baharuldin MT, Basir R. Establishing Natural Nootropics: Recent Molecular Enhancement Influenced by Natural Nootropic. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016;2016:4391375. doi: 10.1155/2016/4391375. Epub 2016 Aug 30.
3. Zhang HF, Huang LB, Zhong YB, Zhou QH, Wang HL, Zheng GQ, Lin Y. An Overview of Systematic Reviews of Ginkgo biloba Extracts for Mild Cognitive Impairment and Dementia. Front Aging Neurosci. 2016 Dec 6;8:276. doi: 10.3389/fnagi.2016.00276. eCollection 2016.
4. Ozgoli G 1, Selselei EA, Mojab F, Majd HA. A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of Ginkgo biloba L. in treatment of premenstrual syndrome. J Altern Complement Med. 2009 Aug;15(8):845-51. doi: 10.1089/acm.2008.0493.
5. Tian J, Liu Y, Chen K. Ginkgo biloba Extract in Vascular Protection: Molecular Mechanisms and Clinical Applications. Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2017 Jul 12. doi: 10.2174/1570161115666170713095545.
Nutritional Facts GINKGO BILOBA 120mg - 120 veg caps
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information GINKGO BILOBA 120mg - 120 veg caps|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving|
|Extracto de Ginkgo Biloba 50:1 (24% ginkgoflavonglicosidos y 6% de lactonas de terpeno)||120mg|
|Ingredients: Emulsifier E440i (microcrystalline cellulose), Ginkgo biloba extract 50:1 (Ginkgoaceae), white vegetable capsule (capsule), anti-caking agent E470b (magnesium stearate), anti-caking agent E551 (silicon dioxide).|
How to take GINKGO BILOBA 120mg - 120 veg caps:Take 1 vegetable capsule a day with a meal.
Do you need more information about this product? Ask
If you have any doubts, questions or suggestions about this product, please ask us and we will inform you with pleasure. And if the question is of general interest, we can post it here for the benefit of other users (only the question, we will not publish your data). For general questions about buying, guarantees, etc.. please use the generic contact form.