- Virgin Coconut Oil
- Take 2 softgels twice a day
- Source of medium chain fatty acids (MCT's)
What is Coconut Oil?
Coconut Oil (Virgin and Organic) by HSN Essentials is a coconut oil-based supplement, a source of medium chain fatty acids (MCT's) with multiple benefits for our organism.
Virgin coconut oil derives from the fresh meat of the coconut, through cold extraction processes, reason for which it will maintain its properties intact.
Within the coconut oil composition we can distinguish certain molecules that are formed by three saturated fatty acids with a length of 6 to 12 carbon atoms esterified with glycerol. Specifically these acids are: caprylic (C8:0), caproic (C6:0), capric (C10:0) and lauric (C12:0).
What are the properties of Coconut Oil?
This type of fatty acids trace a metabolic pathway to be metabolized in our body, unlike other fatty acids. In fact, they pass quickly through the stomach and are hydrolyzed by lipases of the small intestine, being absorbed virtually instantaneously and then lead directly to the liver, where they are processed. This way you obtain energy quickly and of a sustained nature. (1)
The body is highly efficient when digesting MCT's, as they do not require bile salts for their digestion, easily passing into the blood stream.
For those people who have problems to digest long chain fats, coconut oil that contains MCT's is an option to consider. This way, we can say that it is a fat that will be used as an energy source of great power, instead of accumulating in the lipid tissue. (2)
Who can take Coconut Oil?
- People who wish to benefit from any of the properties that are offered from coconut oil.
1. Amarasiri WA, Dissanayake AS. Coconut fats. Ceylon Med J. 2006 Jun;51(2):47-51.
2. Harris M, Hutchins A, Fryda L. The Impact of Virgin Coconut Oil and High-Oleic Safflower Oil on Body Composition, Lipids, and Inflammatory Markers in Postmenopausal Women. J Med Food. 2017 Apr;20(4):345-351. doi: 10.1089/jmf.2016.0114. Epub 2017 Mar 9.
Nutritional Facts COCONUT OIL (ORGANIC/VIRGIN) 1000mg - 120 softgel
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information COCONUT OIL (ORGANIC/VIRGIN) 1000mg - 120 softgel|
|Serving size: 2 softgels|
|Daily dose: 4 softgels|
|Servings per container: 60|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Virgin Coconut Oil||2000mg||++|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) establecidos en el Reglamento (UE) 1169/2011 de 25 de octubre de 2011. †† Los NRV en esta ocasión no están establecidos.|
|Ingredients: Virgin Coconut Oil, Gelatin, Humidifier E422 (Glycerin), Color E117 (Titanium Dioxide), purified water|
How to take ACEITE DE COCO VIRGEN 1000mg - 120 perlas:Take 2 softgels, 2 times a day with meals.
- Aceite de Coco a fondoLos triglicéridos de cadena media se metabolizan de forma muy distinta al resto de ácidos grasos aportados por la dieta...
- Triglicéridos de Cadena Media (MCT´s)Los triglicéridos de cadena media han estado disponibles para uso clínico desde hace años, se crearon para personas con dificultad para absorber las grasas y también se han usado con diabéticos...
Do you need more information about this product? Ask
If you have any doubts, questions or suggestions about this product, please ask us and we will inform you with pleasure. And if the question is of general interest, we can post it here for the benefit of other users (only the question, we will not publish your data). For general questions about buying, guarantees, etc.. please use the generic contact form.