- Can play an important role in the production of energy
- Can help reduce weight
- Can improve mental performance
What is Acetyl L-Carnitine?
Acetyl L-Carnitine by HSN Essentials is a supplement that comes from l-carnitine but contains an acetic acid compound, being an acetylated form, it has different functions.
It is considered a nootropic supplement and it helps to optimize oxidative metabolism.
Like other forms of L-Carnitine, it also increases energy, however it has certain particularities, for example, it has the ability to offer a greater protection to the nervous system than others.
What are the properties of Acetyl L-Carnitine?
The amino acid L-Carnitine helps to oxidize fats to promote their elimination through their use as fuel. The function of L-Carnitine is to facilitate the use of fats as energy. When we have low quantities of L-Carnitine, it is harder for fats to be oxidized, and they tend to remain or to be eliminated very slowly from our cells and blood stream.
This is why supplement with L-Carnitine are very effective for slimming but also for combating cholesterol and triglycerides.
Difference between L-Carnitine and Acetyl L-Carnitine
One of the main differences between L-Carnitine and Acetyl L-Carnitine is that the latter is able to cross the brain's hematoencephalic barrier. In fact, plenty of research suggests that using the acetylated form promotes mental alertness and concentration.
Benefits of Acetyl L-Carnitine
Acetyl-l-carnitine helps improve verbal skills, long term memory, logical intelligence and selective attention. In fact, currently this substance is the subject of studies as coadjutant in senile and degenerative mental diseases such as Alzheimers, Parkinsons and other cerebral problems with considerable success.
Who can take Acetyl L-Carnitine?
- Athletes or active people in stages of weight loss and definition (cutting phase).
- Sportspeople who perform endurance activities of a long duration and who seek to stimulatethe use of fats as an energy source, helping to reduce fatigue while helping to protect muscle mass.
- People looking to improve their mental alertness and concentration. Ideal for periods of intense study.
- It could be beneficial in people with metabolic disorders related to insulin resistance, such as type II diabetes, gestational diabetes or metabolic syndrome.