Add to Shopping Cart
MYSTERIOUS DISCOUNT17.50 €
HORSETAIL 500mg - 100 tablets6.50 €
HORSETAIL + CALCIUM MICROSPHERES - 30 caps9.90 €
HORSETAIL TEA - 20 tea bags2.75 €
SLIM DRAINER 250mlDISCOUNT + FREE Gift
Add to Shopping Cart16.45 €
EVODREN - 120 veg capsSupports body definition processes.19.90 €
SQUEEZE - 60 caps11.89 €
XPEL - 80 capsNatural diuretic. Lose fluids.21.90 €
AEROBIC BURNERS - 20 ampollas 22.99 €
TOTAL CLEANSE KIDNEYS - 60 caps 14.91 €
HYDRADRY - 84 tabsHydradry is a super-powerful diuretic, used by...19.90 €
PERFIL DEPUR MICROESFERAS - 30 caps17.90 €
HORSETAIL EXTRACT - 50ml5.25 €
HORSETAIL - 60 tabs5.29 €
Horsetail is a perennial plant of the Equisetaceae family, with multiple medicinal properties, found in the temperate regions of the northern hemisphere. This plant is known in the pharmacognosy world for its diuretic effects and as a coadyudante in treatments of certain pathologies in kidney and bladder.
In this sens, its use is aimed at those people who are suffering from edemas or kidney stones.
It has the shape of a bush and can reach a height of 1,8 metres, while its branches are up to 50 cm in length. During the spring, the plants grow from underground seeds from the previous planting season.
Each plant produces up to 100,000 spores. Once the fertile stems have withered, the regular horsetail spores begin to grow.
They tend to grow in moist soil, preferably in croplands and pastures. Once the plants have already grown they are very resistant to drought and have the tendency of invasive growth, for which reason this plant is sometimes considered a weed.
What uses does horsetail have?
Horsetail contains medicinal ingredients which are used in the manufacture of various drugs. It has multiple properties and health benefits.
Horsetail is rich in the minerals silicon (10%), potassium, calcium, plant acids, flavonoids and glycosides.These substances have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
It also has the ability to eliminate the harmful excesses of lead, cadmium, copper, gold, tin and zinc accumulated in the body, and promotes their evacuation.
Originally from Europe, horsetail contains anti-allergic quercetin, which in general are not found among North American or Asian plants.
Because of its medicinal ingredients, the plant can be made into herbal teas, capsules, sachets and beneficial health drops. It is also used for cosmetic purposes (due to its active collagen content). To produce the supplement, ⅔ of the plant is used which is then cut, dried and pulverised.
Subsequently it is blanched and boiled to extract the silica content from the plant. When it has cooled, it is filtered and can be used as it is or mixed with more ingredients in order to obtain the health benefits.
The health benefits of horsetail and its medicinal properties
Horsetail is one of the most valuable natural sources of silicon. The Greeks and Romans used horsetail for medicinal purposes to stop bleeding, heal ulcers and treat tuberculosis and kidney problems.
Natural silicon is one of the best remedies for strengthening bones. Another of the benefits of this ingredient is that it protects the skin and nails and prevents the appearance of wrinkles. The medicinal properties of horsetail include in particular:
- Helps strengthen connective tissue
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Helps makes skin firmer
- Improves blood circulation and has astringent properties.
- Helps the condition of nails, skin and hair, especially oily hair
- One of the most significant benefits of horsetail is that it significantly improves bone density. This is because, according to a 2016 clinical study, it has been shown that silica enters the organism and becomes calcium.
- Horsetail has traditionally been used as a diuretic to rid the body of fluids and organic waste through urine.
- Due to its diuretic effects, this compound also helps you lose weight, so can be used in weight-loss diets.
- Horsetail is one of the best remedies for treating infections of the urinary tract, incontinence and disorders of the kidney or bladder in general.
- There are other types of infusion that contain horsetail among their ingredients.
- It is clinically proven that horsetail has antioxidant properties. For this reason, this compound is used for medicinal purposes in the treatment of edema, arthritis and osteoporosis.
- A 2016 clinical study showed that horsetail extract can suppress free radicals and prevent the growth of cancer cells.
- As a medicinal remedy, horsetail is used for the treatment of chronic coughing.
- Horsetail infusions are one of the most commonly used natural remedies to treat and cure arthritis and rheumatism.
Horsetail dietary supplements are available as medicinal remedies in the form of capsules, tablets, infusions or drops. In Asia, horsetail is added to cooked vegetables in the form of sprouts in a dish that is considered a delicacy.
Horsetail is also used in organic farming and biodynamic agriculture to enrich the soil with silicon and further improve the cultivation of plants.
Information on horsetail doses
Horsetail can be taken different ways, either through capsules, infusions or drops. Please read the product information and take the recommended amount according to the instructions, never exceeding three daily doses. It should not be taken for long periods, the general recommendation being not to exceed six consecutive weeks.
Horsetail is recommended for:
- People with problems of the urinary tract, mild urinary infections, cystitis, disorders of the prostate, urinary incontinence, etc.
- People with liquid retention, oedemas, cellulite, etc.
- People who suffer from rheumatic disorders, arteriosclerosis or ailments caused by low levels of silicon.
- People seeking to improve the appearance of their nails, skin and hair.
Side effects of horsetail
Taken in the recommended manner, side effects are not noticeable.
If you take this compound in excessive doses or during a longer period than recommended, some symptoms may appear, such as pain, digestive problems, fever, loss of appetite or arrhythmias.
Horsetail is contraindicated for pregnant women, infants and children.
People suffering from diabetes, kidney problems, or other diseases should request information from a doctor before taking this compound.
Do not take horsetail in cases of gastritis, heartburn or gastroduodenal ulcers. Not recommended for people with cardiovascular problems. Before taking horsetail you should consult a physician.
It is not recommended in cases of alcoholism or if drugs with anti-inflammatory properties such as aspirin are being taken.
It is also contraindicated for persons taking laxatives or diuretic medications.
On our online store HSNstore, you can buy horsetail supplements to favour the elimination of excess liquid (edema) and enhance the urinary tract health.