Chlorella is an algae that is rich in vital nutrients that is produced in fresh water. It is the most natural source of chlorophyll for the body, which confers it the ability to absorb toxins that the body inhales through the air, absorbs through the skin or ingested with food.
It also contains amino acids and the most important minerals for health, such as selenium and zinc, which help maintain cellular health and strengthen the immune system.
Among its most important properties it's worth mentioning that it provides energy, promotes healing processes and body regeneration.
It has detoxification properties, for example the elimination of toxins that were inhaled through the air, ingested through foods or absorbed through the skin. Chlorella is rich in high-quality vegetable proteins, in polyunsaturated fatty acids, proteins, fibre, vitamins and in antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin A and beta-carotene.
What is Chlorella?
Chlorella is a micro-algae similar in size to a human blood cell. It is one of the plants that is richest in chlorophyll, which is estimated to have been around for approximately 2.5 million years.
Today it is no longer collected directly from the sea, but it is cultivated in Asian countries. Due to its extraordinary health-giving properties, chorella is currently used as a dietary supplement in the form of tablets available in pharmacies.
Chlorella helps support many bodily functions. The impact and consequences of a toxic attack for example, or even of a disease, do not appear immediately, but often occur a long time after with symptoms whose origin are difficult to determine.
Symptoms may include:
- digestive problems
- increased susceptibility to infections
- skin irritation
- joint pains
- chronic fatigue
It helps to capture toxins and remove them through the body
Chlorella supplies high quality vegetable proteins, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fatty acids and is involved in various healing processes and regeneration in the body.
Chlorella is seaweed living in water, so it has a high nutrient content, oxygen from the atmosphere and minerals derived from water and sunlight.
Thanks to chlorophyll's special composition, it promotes the excretion of toxic substances that are mainly absorbed through respiration, the lungs and skin. Chlorella helps purify the blood and maintain healthy intestinal flora.
Chlorella is recommended for:
- Those who are exposed to heavy metals and environmental toxins
- For cell regeneration
- When suffering from nutritional deficiency due to inadequate food or nutrient absorption through the small intestine
- When there is a mineral deficiency caused by loss of blood or excessive sweating
- To cure infectious diseases caused by fungi
- To strengthen the immune system
- In excessively stressful situations
- To repair intestinal flora
Chlorella is a completely natural food, available in the form of dietary supplements. It is not a drug, so it must be consumed daily.
The dose depends on the reason it is being taken. You should normally take 12 tablets with plenty of water throughout the day. It can be taken for a minimum period of 3 months. With acute heavy metal intoxication or fungal diseases, the amount should be higher, but with a gradually increasing dosage.
Who is chlorella important for?
- For children and young people, since it improves the growth and development of the body
- At any age, for the regeneration of the body and to slow the ageing process
- For people in a recovery period after an illness or an operation
- For people who suffer from stress or doing intense physical training
- For those people who have been contaminated or exposed to heavy metals and pesticides
- For people who have experienced an increase in their body or mouth odour
What do the experts say about chlorella?
The favourable effects of chlorella have been tested in clinical studies, with regard to their properties for stimulating and strengthening the immune system and for the excretion of toxic substances in particular.
Chlorella promotes the chemical equilibrium of the human body and fortifies it, due to its particular effects on the repair of intestinal flora.