After an intense training session, the muscles are in a state of high stress and need the appropriate support to recover. To facilitate this, the CellMass 2.0 formula has been completely redesigned to provide three forms of creatine, as well as glutamine, taurine and hydrolysed milk whey protein to revive fatigued muscles and kick start the recovery process after training.
Taking CellMass 2.0 from BSN promotes a more efficient recovery, a reduction in muscle fatigue and support for muscle strength, endurance and general performance. With adequate recovery after an intense training session, athletes are better prepared to perform during their training the following day. Cell Mass 2.0 is the perfect formula for anyone wanting to ensure that their training will not be affected by fatigue and who find it difficult to gain muscle.
Cell Mass 2.0 from BSN is designed to support:
- Recover following tough training sessions
- Replacement of muscle creatine and reserves of glutamine
- Increased strength and muscle endurance
Principal components of Cell Mass 2.0
- Includes hydrolysed whey protein, L-glutamine and glutamine peptides: Whey protein provides the most optimal source of essential amino acids so critical to the repair and growth of muscle tissue, in particular following a training session. It stimulates the immune function, increasing glutathione levels (the most powerful antioxidant in the body). It increases the anabolic environment and prevents muscle degradation, thereby helping to build muscle from intense training with weights and exercise. It helps maintain a balanced yet healthy diet to reduce weight (like an appetite suppressor) and improve muscle nutrition programmes (milk whey protein is a precursor to muscle tissue). Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the human body and is undoubtedly the most important in the muscle-building process and to increase strength. Glutamine is known as being an anti-catabolic agent, and what this means is that instead of directly promoting the growth of new muscle tissue, glutamine preserves the muscle tissue that has already been built. When training intensively and the body is not kept supplied with sufficient proteins, or while you are sleeping, muscle degradation can take place. This process is totally natural and to be expected. Glutamine helps reduce the rate of muscle degradation. Glutamine is also highly beneficial to the immune system. It is not only your muscles that become stressed from training, but also your immune system. Glutamine will help you recover faster from your workouts and will also help boost your immune system.
- Creatine Monohydrate: Creatine is a natural substance that turns into phosphocreatine in the body. Phosphocreatine helps form a substance called adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP provides the energy for muscle contractions. With each contraction, the amount of ATP in the system drops. The only way to replace ATP in the muscles is with creatine. Creatine also increases the capacity to store glycogen. The body needs sufficient glycogen to help the muscles to recover after intense training. By so doing, the muscles grow more and faster.
- Includes Taurine: Taurine is a semi-essential amino acid that plays important roles in the body. One of them is to increase strength. It is known that a reduction in the concentration of taurine in skeletal muscle leads to a reduction in strength. Interestingly, supplements that include taurine such as Cell Mass 2.0 increase muscle taurine levels and increase strength. Various studies have shown that when a muscle is stimulated, taurine enables more calcium to be released (inside the muscle cells), which leads to stronger muscle contractions. Taurine also increases the cell volume of the muscle and is a well-researched cell volume regulator, as it acts like an osmolite (in other words, it regulates the balance of fluids). As such, taurine works to optimise cell hydration and maximise muscle function. This not only makes the muscles appear larger but also provides an indirect stimulus for anabolism. Taurine is an anti-catabolic amino acid. In a recent study, taurine was shown to be very effective to avoid catabolic muscle degradation due to the reduction of 3-methylhystidine by some 20% following intense treadmill run. Taurine also increases tolerance to glucose and sensitivity to insulin and helps recover blood sugar levels. It increases recovery following physical exercise due to being a powerful antioxidant and stabilising agent for the cell membrane. Physical effort destabilizes and damages muscle cells due to a number of different mechanisms, including oxidative stress. The anti-oxidant properties of taurine can alleviate these adverse effects.
Do you need more information about this product? Ask
If you have any doubts, questions or suggestions about this product, please ask us and we will inform you with pleasure. And if the question is of general interest, we can post it here for the benefit of other users (only the question, we will not publish your data). For general questions about buying, guarantees, etc.. please use the generic contact form.